Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week 11/12 - Blues

The blues is sort of like the emperor of modern music. It is the seeds of life which flourish into everything that has come since. It is also beautifully spontaneous, emotional and without form or guidance.  I believe the blues is not something so clearly defined, because it is based in the infinite sorrow of the volksgeist of the 20th century man. Born from the souls of black folks, it somehow grew into something so much greater than the sum of its parts, I think because each of these parts alone is so strong than together, they form something wholly uncontrollable.

I did not think nor did I try anything for these two pieces. I simply put on the blues and created them.  While not blatantly blue-ish or saddening, they are experimentations in the spontaneity and explosive quality that the blues has the potential for.



No comments:

Post a Comment