Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week 3 - O Mary Don't You Weep

The first image that came to my mind was of a woman's face, and a young boy's hand softly wiping away a tear from her eye.  I also felt inclined to attempt a new style of visual response.  I made a wireframe model of a a woman's face and a gestural line representing the hand.  It was all connected by smaller pieces of wrapped wire.  While the final result did not possess the level of detail or craft I wished, I believe it was a good first attempt at this type of 3D representation.

The piece is not necessarily a response to any particular line or thought from the song, but rather the idea of caressing away someone's sadness.  I took the song not to be a piece about sorrow, whether it be an embracement or acceptance, but rather as a song intended to make someone feel better.  This is what I tried to express in the piece, which I feel is still unfinished.



No comments:

Post a Comment